If you are trying to start a gaming channel, you will understand how hard it is to make a name for yourself. You must make yourself memorable if you want to succeed. Making a name for yourself means you should have a better channel than your competitors.
If you have a gaming channel on YouTube, you have thought about how you can make better videos. You might have even hired a video maker in the past, and after you did, you might have seen that your channel started going down. If this is the case, you may have been with a video maker who is inexperienced in making videos for a gaming channel. And that might be the reason you are here.
This blog looks at the steps you can create gaming videos so that the audience will remember you.
Gaming Videos Importance & Marketing
Video is a popular touchpoint for being in the game industry. It offers information about the game to players, introduces new characters and storylines, and allows for interaction with people who are associated with the video game.
The video has a wide reach because anyone from fans to critics and even persons who have never played may watch gaming videos online. Anyone can make a video for their gaming channel and have many reasons to create it–many people use it to get traffic on their websites or social media. But not all can create captivating gaming videos.
Everyone has a role to play in making a gaming channel successful. No matter how good a game is, it needs to be marketed well. The more a game is marketed well, the more loyal its fan base is. Marketing helps in generating more revenue.
Step To Step Guide To Create YouTube Gaming Videos
Step 1: Brainstorm Ideas
Choose your games. There are many people around the globe, and every single one of them prefers to watch one or a few kinds of game videos. Select a category to begin with the ideas. For instance, you can select from War games, Sports games, Online MMORPG games, Pokemon, Zelda, etc.
If you are already running a channel, look back on the games you played in the last month and choose a game you have not played in a while to record. After you have attracted a sizable following, you may ask your subscribers what games they would want to see you play. By doing this, you increase the size of your fan base and advance your YouTube career.
Step 2: Start Recording
Next, record your videos. There is plenty of software available to record the games while playing games on your PC. Or you can use your mobile to record the game and make seamless videos. Set the format, mode, and audio track when you choose to record on your PC,
Step 3: Editing
Start editing the recorded clips. Start with the intro of your video. You can make a video intro from each video topic that you can combine into one intro video. Execute this idea by searching for a Free Intro Video Maker on the internet. If it is your first video, you can give a glimpse of the highlight things that will happen in the gaming video.
A lot of the templates on videos begin with a clean slate, which means you have the freedom to make anything you want. You get this freedom from editing programs that offer free Intro Video Templates.
Learn the fundamentals of video editing and edit your videos effectively so the viewer may enjoy them. You can reduce the background noise and cut out the bits that make you feel uneasy. Including soothing background music is also a wonderful idea, but it is up to you whether you want to do that or keep the game’s audio.
Basic Things To Remember While Editing
- Split and delete the clips that have no audio.
- Add your voice where there is no noise.
- Add zoom in effect when you stress about a visual or text appearing on the screen.
Step 4: Design Captivating Thumbnails
Pick a prominent moment from the game, either a cross-hair or a moment that showcases the game’s purpose. You can use free programs to edit the thumbnails. Set the size and resolution before editing. Blur the unimportant areas and paste the game logo. You can add players’ faces as well to captivate the audience.
Editing a thumbnail is not rocket science. You only need to know where all the settings are in the editing program.
Step 5: Upload The Videos
Show your videos to the world by uploading them on YouTube. Write an interesting title and briefly describe your video in the description box.
Select your thumbnail, add tags, and select the category and game type in the more options section.
YouTube checks the video’s thumbnail, title, and description. Thus having a catchy thumbnail, catchy title, and catchy description can help your video get seen by more people. Finally, add an end screen, and you are good to go.
Start YouTube Gaming Channel
- Use the right editing tool. If you are a YouTube player, your major responsibility is to comment as you play. Thus, using a good microphone when recording is beneficial since viewers will like your videos more if they can hear your speech well.
- You should buy a high-quality webcam because viewers of your videos will feel more connected to you if they can see you, which will strengthen the relationship between you and your subscribers.
- Be consistent. Your videos will not receive many likes or views at first, but if you publish them consistently, your channel will eventually take off.
- Choose the right time. Some people prefer long videos, while others prefer short ones. Thus, engage with your subscribers and survey their opinions about the ideal length of your videos.
- Engage your audience by responding to as many of their comments as you can. Not all comments will be positive, so pay attention to what others say and respond politely to their viewpoints.
- Be yourself and avoid imitating others. People will like you better if you are yourself and can bring your creativity to the table.
- You will gain followers if they enjoy the games you play. Did you know that the career of PewDiePie was built on games? He started his career by playing CoD, and he started playing horror games. It is not an uncommon thing to build a career in games.
The End Note
People will stay longer watching your gaming videos if you present a unique personality. If you have a unique personality, then the viewers will look forward to your videos and barely care about what game you’re playing. Build a community, not the subscribers. Subscribers, likes, and comments will follow if you build a strong community.
Once your gaming videos have picked up gaining attention, you can live stream while playing. This will eliminate a chunk of editing work and give your audience an unedited game version straight into their phones.