AirPods are the new Apple product that has taken over the world. They are small, wireless, and can be used with any device. But what happens if they get wet?
If you’re worried about your AirPods getting wet, don’t worry. There are a few ways to fix this.
AirPods are a fantastic way to listen to music, listen to podcasts, and make phone calls.
Many people are probably wondering about what happens if AirPods become wet.
You may have accidentally dropped them in water or dived into a pool with them.
I did some research and believe that this article will address all of your concerns. Let’s have a look.
What Happens If Your AirPods Get Wet?
Wipe any excess water from your AirPods with a dry towel or cotton swab if they become wet. Allow your AirPods to dry for at least two hours after that. Remember that AirPods aren’t watertight. Water resistance is only available in the Pro version, and it deteriorates with time.
If you follow the proper steps, you can still use your AirPods after they’ve been wet. You may also use other AirPods to connect to your iPhone, which is a simple procedure that you can perform on your own.
So, the next time you lose one of your AirPods, don’t panic about having to purchase a new set.
Simply place an order with an authorized Apple goods dealer and follow the instructions.
I’ve also gone through some of the operations and functionalities you’ll need to get the most out of your AirPods.
What is the best way to connect two different AirPods to my phone?
To attempt this, your AirPods must be from the same generation.
An AirPod can’t be paired with an AirPod Pro or an AirPod Max.
This is due to changes in software and functionality between the AirPods and the Apple AirPods.
Because various versions of AirPods utilize different chips, pairing them will be challenging.
To understand why, you must first understand that AirPods are powered differently depending on their processors, like Apple W1 and H1 AirPods.
W1-powered AirPods will only work with other W1-powered AirPods, while H1-powered AirPods will only work with other H1-powered AirPods.
You’ll also need to make sure your AirPods are up to current, but don’t worry.
This is something you can accomplish with both.
You may be wondering how you can share music with friends and family without having to take off your AirPods.
Apple, on the other hand, has you covered with their feature.
Connecting two AirPods is easy if the devices are compatible by following these steps:
- Make sure your original AirPods are connected using the standard procedure.
- Then, either your music player or the phone’s control center, pick your Airplay icon.
- Then, under the paired AirPods, hit “Share Audio.”
- With the charging case open, place the AirPods you wish to connect inside, then hold it near to the iPhone.
- The new AirPods will show on the screen, prompting you to pick them and then choose “Share Audio.”
- You’ve already finished the procedure, and you may now listen to the audio at your leisure, with distinct volume control settings for each track.
How can I see whether my AirPods have been updated?
Your AirPods’ firmware is critical to their operation.
AirPods are generally updated automatically unless there is a problem, in which case you will need to manually update them, which is a straightforward procedure.
So, to see whether your AirPods are up to current, follow these steps:
- First, make sure you have the most recent firmware version. This may be done by visiting the Apple website.
- Then go to the settings on your phone.
- Go to the Bluetooth devices and select them.
- To check the information of your AirPods, tap the “I” next to their name.
- Compare the firmware version number to the website’s version number.
If the number is different, your firmware is probably out of date, and it’s a good idea to upgrade it.
How Do I Change the Name of My AirPods?
It’s easy to rename your AirPods, particularly if you’re unhappy with the existing name.
The name of the iPhone’s owner is typically immediately registered with the AirPods.
To rename your AirPods, follow these steps:
- Place the AirPods in your ears rather than in the case.
- Select Bluetooth from the options menu.
- Tap the I next to the name of your AirPods from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- To finalize the procedure, tap on the name and put in a new one.
You may choose what occurs when you long-press either the left or right Force Sensors, whether to enable automated ear recognition, whether to utilize the left or right microphone, and whether to unpair your AirPods pro from your iPhone during this process.
What Is the Best Way to Reset My AirPods?
It’s never been easier to reset AirPods.
People reset their AirPods for a variety of reasons, including to repair a problem, sell, or gift to a friend.
The procedure is straightforward and proceeds as follows:
- Close the lid on the AirPods case and place them inside.
- After one minute, open the charging case’s cover.
- Go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone.
- Look through the connected devices to find your AirPods.
- Select them by tapping the “I” next to them.
- To begin the unpairing procedure, choose “Forget This Device.”
- After that, push and hold the rear of the charging case’s button for 15 seconds, only releasing it until the status light becomes amber.
- If you want to re-pair your AirPods, place your smartphone next to them in the case while the lid is still open.
Your Apple account will then be deactivated, and the AirPods will be deleted.
How Do I Recover a Bluetooth Device That I’ve Forgotten?
Bluetooth allows you to use other devices, such as AirPods, to enjoy wireless features.
However, there are occasions when you may need to remove or forget a connected device, or you may need to resolve a connectivity issue.
If you want to Unforget a Bluetooth device, you must reconnect with it first.
Here’s how to reactivate a Bluetooth device:
- You may enter settings on an iPhone and then go to the general settings page. Choose Reset, then Reset Network Settings, then confirm your selection. The procedure just takes a few seconds, and your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings will be restored to their previous state. Your phone will restart once the operation is completed, and the restart process will be complete once you see your home menu. All of the forgotten data would have been put into the system. You can verify by heading to your settings, then Bluetooth, where a list of previously connected devices will appear.
- On an Android, you don’t get to go through the whole procedure; instead, go to your Bluetooth menu and go through the list of devices. All you have to do now is reconnect if your device is present.
Is it possible to buy a single AirPod?
Yes, Apple sells a single AirPod, so you won’t have to buy a complete new pair.
However, you will be asked to provide your existing AirPod’s serial number, which can be found on the charging case.
This serial number identifies the AirPods generation you have, and Apple will use it to ensure that you get a replacement that is compatible with the one you have.
This is less expensive and wasteful than repurchasing the whole pair.
Can I track down a misplaced AirPod?
So, can you track down a misplaced AirPod? Yes, you can track down a misplaced AirPod.
With wireless technology, there’s a chance you’ll misplace your AirPods, and it’s more frequent than you may think.
This does not mean you should quit up since Apple’s newest technology will assist you find your AirPods in a matter of seconds.
To begin, you’ll need to utilize the ‘Find My iPhone’ app.
To get this to work, just make sure you’re within Bluetooth range.
Go to the Devices menu after launching the App and pick your AirPods.
You’ll either see the position of your AirPods or the message “No Location Found.” When the Bluetooth device is out of range, the No location discovered option appears.
It’s as simple as that, and you’ll be able to use your AirPods once again.
You may also use your computer to locate your missing AirPod by logging into your iCloud account using your Apple ID and choosing All Devices, then clicking on your AirPod’s name to view its last known position.
Another method to locate your AirPods is to make a sound with them.
This may be done by heading to the Find My Phone App, choosing Devices, AirPods, and pressing to play any sound.
Just make sure one of your AirPods isn’t in your ears.
However, you may need to be very quiet to hear it.
If you’ve ever had an accident with your AirPods, or if they get wet from sweat, you can clean them with a towel and some rubbing alcohol. Reference: how to clean airpods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can AirPods survive water?
Yes, they can.
What happens if AirPods get wet?
If the AirPods get wet, they will stop working. You should take them out of your ears and let them dry for a few hours before re-inserting them.
What do I do if I drop my AirPod in water?
If you drop your AirPods in water, the best thing to do is to take them out of the case and dry them off. You can then put them back into the case.
- can airpods get wet in rain
- airpods water damage indicator
- dropped airpod in toilet
- airpods pro water damage indicator
- how to clean airpods case inside