The fishing theme used in online slots has exploded in popularity ever since the introduction of games like Fishin’ Frenzy and Big Bass Bonanza. Big Bass Splash is the newest edition in the Big Bass family and looks to build on the iconic game by adding extra features and improving the overall gameplay experience.
In this review, we will be diving into Big Bass Splash and find out everything there is to know about this top slot game. From the overall design to the bonus features, we will leave no stone unturned in this slot review.
Pragmatic Play Background
Before we delve into all aspects surrounding Big Bass Splash, we feel we must discuss the brilliant developers behind this slot, Pragmatic Play. This slot development studio was founded in 2015, and they have very quickly risen through the ranks in the i-gaming industry. Despite being relatively new compared to other slot game studios, their expertise has been shown through countless high-quality slots.
They have been able to quickly make a name for themselves through their well-crafted slot games. Their games have received countless fans due to the high-quality play within and the interesting themes displayed in each slot. Furthermore, each game by Pragmatic Play is graphically stunning, with Big Bass Splash being a perfect example of this.
Big Bass Splash Design
Big Bass Splash features a central grid with 5 reels and 3 rows. The reels are separated with rising bubbles, and there are ten available paylines. All of the symbols on the reel are designed in the same almost realistic animated art style.
Big Bass Splash is set at the bottom of the sea near the shore. At the top of the reel, you can see the top of the water with a rocky cliffside in the distance. Towards the bottom of the screen, you can see the sandy bottom of the sea surrounded by seaweed and jellyfish. There is more plant life to the side of the screen, and there are fish that swim past the reel in the distance.
Big Bass Splash Symbols
- 10 – 3, 4, or 5 pays 0.2x, 1x, or 5x the bet.
- Jack – 3, 4, or 5 pays 0.2x, 1x, or 5x the bet.
- Queen – 3, 4, or 5 pays 0.2x, 1x, or 5x the bet.
- King – 3, 4, or 5 pays 0.2x, 2.5x, or 10x the bet.
- Ace – 3, 4, or 5 pays 0.2x, 2.5x, or 10x the bet.
Medium Value Symbols:
- Fish – 3, 4, or 5 pays 1x, 5x, or 20x the bet.
- Tackle Box – 3, 4, or 5 pay 2x, 10x, or 50x the bet.
- Dragonfly – 3, 4, or 5 pays 2x, 10x, or 50x the bet.
- Fishing Rod – 3, 4, or 5 pays 3x, 15x, or 100x the bet.
- Monster Truck – 2, 3, 4, or 5 pays 0.5x, 5x, 20x, or 200x the bet.
Big Bass Splash Bonuses
In Big Bass Splash, there is a wild symbol that can substitute for any other symbol except the scatter symbol to make combinations. There is also a scatter symbol in play; when 3, 4, or 5 of these land in a single spin, the player is awarded 10, 15, or 20 free spins. If you are only able to land 2 scatters on the reel and there is space for them to move at least one space down, the game will trigger a response while the scatters nudge down until they are no longer on the reel. Furthermore, if you land 2, there is a random chance that a hook may appear and drag another scatter symbol onto the reel, triggering the bonus round!
The free spins round in Big Bass Splash introduces a fisherman wild symbol that can substitute itself for any other symbol, except the scatter, to form combinations. The fisherman wild is also very useful as it can collect cash values from fish symbols and also progress you along the free spins progress bar. For every 4 wilds collected, another 10 free spins are awarded, and the multiplier increases to 2x, 3x, and then 10x.
Furthermore, before this round begins, there are 5 modifiers that can be randomly collected. These modifiers include:
- More Fish – More cash fish can appear on the reels
- More Fisherman – More fisherman can appear on the reels
- Start from Level 2 – The free spins feature starts at the second stage of the collection meter.
- More Dynamites, Hooks, and Bazookas – Increases the chance of getting random reel modifiers during free spins round.
Then there are 3 modifiers that can be triggered by random on any losing free spin:
- Dynamite – When a fisherman lands with no fish symbols in view, there’s a chance to add fish symbols to random positions of the reels.
- Bazooka – When a fisherman lands but no fish symbols do, there’s a chance all symbols in view except for the wild will be changed to something else.
- Hook – When fish land with no fisherman in view, there’s a chance a random reel may be hooked up to reveal a wild symbol.
Games Similar to Big Bass Splash
Some games similar to Big Bass Splash include Fishin Frenzy, Big Bass Bonanza, and Deep Descent.
No matter the game which you may decide to play, though, all of these involve real money gameplay.
Due to this, the risk involved in these titles is also real; therefore, it is vital to remove the importance of responsible gambling and only ever play with what you can afford.