Twitter is a social media platform that allows users to post short, 140-character messages called “tweets.” Twitter also allows users to “like” other tweets by clicking on a heart icon. When you like a tweet, it is visible to anyone who visits your profile.
Some people believe that likes should be private, and that Twitter should give users the option to hide their likes from public view. Here, we will explore the pros and cons of hiding your likes on Twitter.
The Pros of Hiding Your Likes
- Prevents people from “stalking” your likes.
If you are worried about people being able to see every single tweet you’ve ever liked, then hiding your likes may be a good solution for you. By hiding your likes, you can prevent people from learning too much about you from your Twitter activity.
- Keeps your feed more focused on the present.
If you’re someone who likes to keep their Twitter feed focused on the present, then hiding your likes can help with that. When you hide your likes, people will only see the tweets you’ve posted and interacted with recently, rather than a history of everything you’ve ever liked.
- Helps you avoid “Twitter guilt.”
Sometimes, when you scroll through your Twitter feed, you may see something you liked weeks or even months ago. This can sometimes cause what is known as “Twitter guilt,” where you feel guilty or embarrassed about something you liked in the past. Hiding your likes can help prevent this feeling by allowing you to control what people see when they visit your profile.
The Cons of Hiding Your Likes
- Makes it harder for people to find your old tweets.
If you choose to hide your likes, people will only be able to see the tweets you’ve posted and interacted with recently. This can make it difficult for people to find your old tweets, which may be frustrating for some.
- May make you seem uninterested in other people’s tweets.
If you hide your likes, people may get the impression that you’re not interested in their tweets. This is because they won’t be able to see which of their tweets you’ve liked, and they may assume that you never like any of their tweets.
- May make it difficult to find your favorite tweets.
If you have a lot of tweets that you’ve liked, it can be difficult to find your favorites if they’re hidden. This is because you’ll have to scroll through all of your likes to find the ones you’re looking for.
Overall, whether or not you choose to hide your likes on Twitter is up to you. There are pros and cons to both choices, so it’s important to think about what is most important to you before making a decision.
If you’re worried about people learning too much about you from your likes, then hiding them may be the best choice for you. However, if you want people to be able to see your favorite tweets, then you may want to keep your likes public.
How to Hide Likes on Twitter
If you’ve decided that you want to hide your likes on Twitter, there are a few different ways you can do this.
- The first way is to go to your “Settings and privacy” page and scroll down to the “Privacy and safety” section. From here, you can select the option to “Hide your likes.”
- Another way to hide your likes is to use a third-party Twitter app that allows you to do this. One example of such an app is “Tweetbot.”
- Finally, you can also choose to make your entire Twitter account private. This will prevent anyone who isn’t following you from being able to see your tweets, including your likes.
twitter twitter qatarpereztechcrunch
twitter twitter android qatarpereztechcrunch
apptopia trump twitterkantrowitz bigtechnology